The heart beats relentlessly throughout your life and one skipped beat means end of life. This magnificent organ deserves care before it goes through any harm.
Today, your heart is going to have a talk with you. It has been working relentlessly for you and will continue to but you have to listen to its pleas and make sure that you give it a healthy working environment. Please meet your heart, who is the size of your fist and beats around 100,000 times every day.
What Heart Wants
Hello, I am your heart. I would like to draw your attention to certain things that will help me keep you active, happy and young.
- I hate smoke – May be you think it is cool to smoke and your friends also do it but as your heart, I am saying that it affects me and tires me out. Don’t smoke and don’t be around smoking activities.
- I love it when you exercise – Please continue it and make it a regular practice. 150 hours of moderate exercise every week is what I earnestly ask for lifelong fitness.
- Less salt and timely meals please –Don’t stop having salt completely but reduce the intake of processed foods and junk food. Have moderate, home-cooked meals at regular intervals.
- Sleep well – When you sleep, I can work at peace. Get 6-9 hours of sleep every night.
- Take a chill pill – Life has its share of negative emotions too – anger, frustration, irritation, sadness. Don’t take it too personally. Stress is the last thing I want. Whenever you are feeling low, tell yourself – This too shall pass.
- Keep your body hydrated – Drink plenty of water. Don’t wait till you feel thirsty, sip water every now and then.
- Go for regular checks – Know what’s going on inside your body. Take health check-ups regularly.
I think Apollo Hospitals does a good job of keeping your health in a great condition. I like the new technologies they have for me.
Follow these and I’ll ensure that you have a great life.