According to recent research reports, there are approximately more than 600 neurological disorders. Before delving deeper into the diseases, it is essential to understand in what way they affect the human body.
An expert neurologist will state that neurological diseases primarily disturb the functioning of the spinal cord, nerves, brain, and nervous system. If these components stop working properly, then it can result in difficulties like speaking, swallowing, moving, breathing, and learning problems.
Mentioned below are five of the common neurological problems and their symptoms to help you understand these disorders better.
A sudden stroke attack occurs when the blood flow to the brain stops which further damages the brain cells. There are two kinds of stroke attacks, Hemorrhagic and Ischemic. They are caused due to blood clots or blocking of the blood vessel. Some of the symptoms of stroke are –
- Dizziness, weakness or sudden numbness of the arm, face or leg
- Severe headache without any reason
- Trouble in understanding or speaking
- Problem in walking, loss of balance and coordination
It is characterized as a chronic neurological disorder where the patient complains of frequent headaches. Intensity of the headaches can be moderate to severe and often last for two days or more. The associated symptoms are –
- Frequent vomiting and nausea
- Trouble in vision with complains of seeing spots or flashing lights
- Sensitivity to sound, light and smells
- Speech problems
Such tumors are the result of the rapid growth of abnormal cells in the brain tissues. Brain tumors can either be malignant i.e. cancerous or benign. The common signs are –
- Trouble with memory, thinking and poor cognitive abilities
- Seizures and headache
- Problem in walking, talking, seeing and hearing
- Mood swings, weakness and nausea
This disease affects the brain and spinal cord nerve cells which are integral for the proper functioning of the nervous system. The damage done to the myelin sheath or protective layer surrounding the nerve cells affects the brain. A neuro care specialist will mention the following symptoms –
- Weakness of muscles
- Sensations ranging from prickling to numbness
- Trouble with thinking and memory
- Visual disturbances
Spinal Cord Disorders:
Injuries are one of the prevailing reasons for spinal cord disorders. Some other reasons include blocked blood supply, compressions of the spinal cord by a tumor or fractured bone and infections. An expert neurologist will tell you to be aware of the following signs –
- Change in reflexes
- Loss of bladder or bowel control
- Partial or complete paralysis
- Severe back pain and weakness
We have the best Neurosurgery Specialist in Hyderabad, a trusted team at Apollo Hospitals to help you fight your Neurosurgery Problem.
If you are suffering from any of the above-mentioned disorders, then do pay heed to the symptoms Visit Ask Apollo to book an appointment with Dr S Rajesh Reddy.