All of us love the feeling of fresh air on our faces, and the wind blowing through our hair. But have you thought of the toll the rough cold wind is taking on your hair? From split ends to dry frizz, winter is after all not a very happy time for your mane.
However, some precautionary measures can help protect your hair from the harsh cold and keeping it healthy and shiny. Follow these tips to give your hair a reason to smile. Let it feel free again to have its regular talks with the wind, while you enjoy turning some heads.
- Avoid hot water: Winter mornings can be taxing, taking baths can be even harder. The last thing you want to do in such a situation is to take a cold shower. A single drop of cold water is enough to make your senses go haywire. So, what do you do? Hot water! But, a hot shower can steal the moisture from your hair, leaving them lifeless. We know it can be difficult, but you need to do this for your lovely hair, a part of your body that gives you the flawless look every time you step out on the road.
- Do not leave with wet hair: Never make the mistake of leaving your house with wet hair. Hairdryers, straighteners on the other hand can damage your hair. So, what do you do? Either wash your hair hours before you are leaving and let it dry or if you are in a hurry, use the hair dryer but carefully. Don’t keep the hair dryer too close to your hair, use a diffuser if possible.
- Don’t bathe your hair everyday: Washing your hair everyday dries out the hair, taking away the natural oils. Wash your hair occasionally, maybe twice a week to keep them from drying. Also, make sure you dry them before leaving your house.
- Those regular trims: Cold winds make your hair brittle, it is therefore crucial to have your hair regularly trimmed. The split ends make your hair more vulnerable. Don’t give the split ends a chance, cut them off before they cause any nuisance to your hair.
- Let your hair do the talk: Tying hair too tightly during winter can be bad as it puts both your hair and scalp under tension. Try wearing your hair a little loose during winter, and yes, keep hair safe from the sun.
What are you waiting for? It’s time to be the talk of the town. This winter, your hair can be the reason for your pride and your neighbour’s envy.