“Kickboxing improves balance, flexibility, coordination and endurance”
Kickboxing is an intense fat burning workout where an individual can lose approximately 500 calories in an hour. It is a rigorous workout, as it involves controlled punching and kicking movements made with discipline and skills required for martial arts. The kicking and punching movements help an individual de-stress and manage frustration. Kickboxing also improves balance, flexibility, coordination and endurance. It is a great total body workout and also teaches a few simple self-defence moves. Visit the Lifestyle section of Apollo Hospitals to know more about the benefits of kickboxing and how it can be practiced everyday.
- Tones The Entire Body – Kickboxing effectively works on the entire body, mainly the core and abdominal muscles. Every kick or punch that you hit engages your abs and helps tone your stomach. Kickboxing has a major toning component to it as it forces one to engage all the muscle groups in the body.
- Relieves Stress -Though kickboxing has its own share of physical benefits, it also has its mental advantages. The activity increases the release of endorphins in the blood, which helps in de-stressing hormones and lifting the mood. At the end of it, one ends up feeling refreshed and revived. The activity also results in giving you a good night’s sleep.
- Teaches Self-Defence – This is an added benefit that the workout gives. Even though the main motive of the workout is not learning self-defence, but knowing that you can throw jaw-breaking punches and kicks, is empowering.
- Burns Fat Fast – Kickboxing is a high-energy workout that guarantees major calorie burn. It is said to burn around 500 calories an hour. The cardio-conditioning element of kickboxing is one of the most effective ways to burn calories and fats. Here, not only are you burning calories but you are also toning, building stamina and making your body fit.
- Improves Muscle Balance And Coordination – In kickboxing, both the left and right sides of the body are used equally. So, if one side of the body is lagging behind in a particular move versus the other side; through regular practice it will become better coordinated. This helps in creating a balance in the body which will also be seen in other activities of life.
- Increases Flexibility – An individual is advised to do some stretches for hips and shoulders before every workout. In addition, kickboxing itself involves high kicks which also increase the range of motion in the hips.
- Builds Self-Confidence: This workout boosts self-confidence in people as they are equipped with self-defence moves.