1. Cut down on Fat: Studies indicate a link between animal fats and an increased risk of prostate cancer. In addition to meat, animal fats are found in lard, butter and cheese. Whenever possible, replace animal-based fats with plant-based fats.
2. Eat more Fruits and Veggies: Fruits and vegetables especially red foods like tomatoes, watermelon and other red foods contain large amounts of cancer-fighting minerals and natural fibre. Unfortunately most of us do not consume the recommended daily intake of fruits and vegetables.
3. Quit Smoking: In the event that you have prostate malignancy and also smoke, you are at larger danger of tumour recurring and also passing from prostate growth and cardiovascular illness than men with prostate disease who never smoked.
4. Include sea food: Fatty acid, found in omega-3 which are present plenty in certain fishes like sardines, tuna, trout, and salmon may help reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.
5. Liquor: Some studies suggest that while drinking beer or wine is not linked with prostate cancer, consumption of liquor, even in moderate amount can in fact increase the risk of prostate cancer.
6. Choose Organic Foods: Organic food, free of harmful chemicals and pesticides have more nutrients that not only taste better and can also reduce the risk of prostate cancer.
7. Exercise: Too much fat in your body, is connected to expanded danger of prostate disease. Normal exercise will help you to keep up a sound weight which helps prevention of prostate cancer.
8. Consult your doctor: Check with your doctor about your risk for developing prostate cancer, the medical tests you should have as you age, any family history of cancer, the dietary recommendations, any discomfort in your pelvic or rectal areas, difficulty while urinating, blood in urine or semen