Hepatitis C is a type of Hepatitis which is the inflammation of the liver. It is caused by the hepatitis C virus (HCV). It is the least transmissible strain of hepatitis but is the most fatal infectious disease. Usually, an uninfected person is infected through contact with an infected person’s blood. You can be exposed to Hepatitis C virus via the following means:
- Childbirth i.e. being born to a mother with Hepatitis C.
- Sharing personal items that have come in contact with an infected person e.g. razors, toothbrushes, nail clippers etc.
- Unprotected sex with an infected person.
- Using unsterile instruments for tattoos and piercings.
- The use of unsterile medical equipment such as needles and syringes in healthcare facilities.
- Sharing needles and other equipment to prepare or inject drugs.
Despite common misconceptions among people, Hepatitis C cannot be spread through the following means:
- Breast feeding
- Kissing and hugging.
- Coughing and sneezing.
- Being bitten by insects.
- Sharing of eating utensils.
- Receiving blood transfusions.
We have the Best Hepatitis Treatment in India, a trusted team at Apollo Hospitals to help you fight your Hepatitis Problem.
Visit Ask Apollo to book an appointment with top Hepatitis in India.