Working out regularly should be an essential part of everybody’s daily routine. An active lifestyle reflects positively on your health and keeps you content.
However, you must also be aware about “exercise addiction”. It means that excessive exercising can undo its many known benefits and harm your body! Compulsive exercising can backfire and adversely affect your health. Here are a few ill effects of excessive exercising.
- An extreme workout routine will weaken you and your immune system, making you susceptible to frequent health problems and infections.
- An increased risk of injuries can be possible when your muscle fibers develop microscopic tears. Due to over-exercising, these tears slows the healing process.
- Another common occurrence is the straining of joints and ligaments. You also become prone to injuries with weakened tendons and bones.
- Consuming appropriate nutrients also become an issue and you can suffer from eating disorders like bulimia, anorexia.
- You can have difficulty falling asleep and even stay awake till the early hours of morning. Disturbing your sleep cycle can have an adverse effect on your mental health, too.
- Unnecessary exercising can make you depressed, irritable and moody. Developing mental complications is a common aspect of “exercise addiction”.
- For women, over exercising can result “amenorrhea” and this condition means the interruption or halt in monthly periods. It can also lead to the deterioration of bone density.
- Recent researches also mention the buildup of calcium in coronary arteries and the toughening of hard muscles.
In order to curb the above-mentioned adverse effects of over-exercising, setting realistic goals becomes essential.
If you want to shed some kilos in a proper manner, consult or book an appointment at Ask Apollo where our experts will provide you proper guidance by check your BMI and metabolic rate and give you a personalized diet chart. By doing so, planning your regular workout routine becomes easier. Being physically active for the right reasons is necessary. It helps in improving your health and overall fitness.
Hence, exercising for a minimal of half an hour to one hour, everyday must be your goal. Your exercise routine must consider your age, current health conditions, Body Mass Index, percentage of body fat, etc. While the concept of extreme endurance exercises is appealing, you need to think about the effect it has on your long-term health, too! Cutting down on the workout hours can be that one positive step towards a healthy and hearty life.