- 4 tablespoons of plain flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup Demerara sugar, powdered
- ¼ cup mashed banana
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons oatmeal
- Sieve the flour with the baking powder.
- Keep aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar till smooth and creamy with a wooden spoon.
- Add the mashed bananas, vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add walnuts, flour mixture and the oats and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into 6 greased and dusted muffin moulds.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 150°C (300°F) for 15 to 20 minutes or until a knife inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and unmould each muffin.
- Serve warm.