“Mothers have an important role in influencing health decisions of entire families (from infants to the elderly) and shoulder the responsibility for their mental and physical well-being, especially children.”
Mothers play multiple roles to meet the obligations of work, family and society. They have an important role in influencing health decisions of entire families (from infants to the elderly) and shoulder the responsibility for their mental and physical well-being, especially children. Given these demands on their time, working mothers are known to compromise their personal health. The dual responsibility of work and home prevents them from taking time for relaxation and exercise. This is especially true of young mothers who may not have family or reliable external support. While it is important to pursue career aspirations, it is equally important for women to maintain good health. To get more information about the different ways to stay healthy, visit the Maternity centre at Apollo Hospitals.
Here are six simple steps to stay healthy:
- Eat balanced meals. Eating healthy food like fruits, green leafy vegetables and lentils keep a person energetic and also healthy as they do not have artificial fats and sugars.
- Do not be sedentary or sit at a desk all day long. Moving around and exercising for at least an hour a day will help in weight loss.
- Exercise at least three times a week; preferably opt for an aerobic exercise like swimming or cycling.
- Sleep well. Try to get at least eight hours of sleep every night to feel refreshed in the mornings.
- Practice moderation in food and drink as it reduce the risk of lifestyle diseases like diabetes and obesity.
- Schedule a visit with your doctor once a year and have a health check.
You are the most important link in your family’s good health. Make sensible life style choices and keep that link healthy.