The World Allergy Organisation (WAO) presents the World Allergy Patient and Public Forum on the 9th December, 2012, at Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India, as a part of the WAO International Scientific Conference (WISC), 6 – 9 December 2012. The theme of WISC 2012 is: Severe Allergies, Severe Asthma: New Strategies for Treatment and Prevention.
The Patient & Public Forum 2012 consists of the following 4 main activities:
- International Patient Organization Symposium
- International Patient Organizations in the field of allergy, asthma and immunology will be gathered together to form a panel to discuss the following topics with local patients:
- Forming a Patient Organization and help finding their mission
- Representatives from Patient organization shares their experiences on how they have developed their mission and formed their own organizations
- How to communicate your mission with others?
- How to be representing the patient voice in advocacy?
- Patient-Centered Healthcare
- Promotes patient responsibility, patient-centered healthcare which leads to improved health outcomes, quality of life and optimal value for healthcare investment
- Public Forum on allergy and asthma awareness
- International and local key physicians to address the public on allergy and asthma awareness
- Emphasis made on the corrective diagnosis and treatment for the diseases
- Health Fair with Spirometry testing
- Local doctors to conduct the spirometry testing for patients
- Patient Organizations, Local Health Care facilities and Pharmaceutical companies are invited to host educational booths for patients to visit and learn more about specific diseases
- “Raising Awareness” Activity and Network Event
- Children are invited to draw and paint as an idea to raise awareness on asthma and allergies and to promote the concept of being free from allergies and asthma
- Local Press is invited to cover the event, with hopeful distribution throughout Hyderabad and India.
Date : 9th December 2012
Venue :The Hotel Silver Spring – Kolkata
Registration to this event is free of cost on a first come first served basis. Limited seats available !
For registration and queries contact : Apollo Hospitals Call Center on Tel: +91-40-60601066