Building on the strength of its Chinta Shutro Discussions Series, 2015, Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals, Kolkata, organized the first Chinta Shutro of 2016. Commemorating International Women’s Day, the 8th March, 2016 program saw prominent female leaders deliberate on the current position and the growing importance of women in different areas of life.
The discussion was attended by:
1. Dr Rupali Basu, President & CEO, Eastern Region, Apollo Hospitals Group, India.
2. Ms Bratati Bandyopadhyay, the noted Bengali elocutionist,
3. Ms Nandita Roy, the reputed film maker and screenwriter,
4. Ms Poulomi Ghatak, the famous table tennis player,
5. Ms Jaya Ahsan, the popular actress and model from Bangladesh, and
6. Ms Eleena Banik, the eminent painter.
The insightful session also saw Ms Banik paint a picture on the theme of International Women’s Day, which was signed by the other dignitaries as their Pledge for Parity.