Dr V Sai Vishnupriya
DNB, MRCS(Ed), FRCS(Glasg), MCh (Endo Surg), FICS, FAIS, FAES
- Speciality: Endocrine Surgeon
- Experience:11 Years of experience
Book an Appointment
Apollo Hospitals Greams Road Chennai
Apollo Hospitals 21, Greams Lane, Off Greams Road Chennai 600 006 Ph:044-28290200/3333Get Directions
Timing: MON- SAT ( 16:00 PM-17:00 PM )
Clinical And Surgical Evaluation of Goitres
- The objective of this study was to evaluate prospectively, patients with goiters with regard to clinical examination, ultrasound neck, thyroid hormone profile, thyroid antibodies, FNAC and histopathological report following surgery
- FNAC of thyroid is a safe, inexpensive minimally invasive and highly accurate test especially useful in the nodular disease of thyroid. The success of FNAC is related to the skill of the aspirator and the expertise of cytopathologist.
- Measurement of Thyroid Antibodies are useful in the diagnosis of Autoimmune thyroid disorders especially Hashimoto thyroiditis.
- Solitary nodule of thyroid was found to be more prone for malignancy when compared to multinodular goiter.
- Papillary carcinoma is more common in iodine sufficient areas and the incidence of follicular carcinoma occurs more frequently in areas of iodine deficiency iodine. The Papillary / Follicular ratio correlates well with iodine status in the particular area
- The occurrence of thyroid malignancy in toxic goiters especially Graves disease must be noted
- Hashimoto thyroiditis is much more common in iodine sufficient areas than in iodine deficient areas and is much more common in South India.
- Life member of Association of Surgeons of India.
- Life member of Indian Association of Endocrine Surgeons.
- Founder member of Association of Breast Surgeons of India
- Member of the Asian Association of Endocrine Surgeons.
- Life member of Indian Society of Thyroid Surgeons
Health Library Blog
UPDATED ON 06/06/2022
Apollo Highlights & Updates
Apollo Proton Cancer Centre has launched a comprehensive Mobile Health Program in Thoothukudi District, Tamil Nadu....
Apollo Proton Cancer Centre celebrated International Nurses Day with the theme ‘Angels wear Blue Scrubs’....