Completed 500 Liver transplants in a short time span with a success rate of over 90 percent
- 1st successful pediatric liver transplant in 1998
- 1st successful adult cadaveric transplant in 1998
- 1st successful liver transplant for acute liver failure in 1999
- 1st combined liver kidney transplant in 1999
- 1st successful liver transplant for HIV in 2008
- Youngest pediatric liver transplant in India in 2008
- 1st successful liver transplant for Hepatitis B without using immunoglobulin 2008
- 1st successful liver transplant for Crigler Najjar Syndrome in 2008
- 1st successful living liver transplant for portal biliopathy in 2009
- Asia’s 1st en-bloc combined heart & liver transplant, joining a very small set of transplant centres in the world to have done this.
- 1st simultaneous Liver-Intestine-Pancreas transplant in India
- Youngest ever Liver recipient in Western India in 2018.
- Apollo Hospitals Navi Mumbai is the first hospital in Western India to successfully perform 25 Paediatric Liver Transplants
UPDATED ON 19/08/2021
Apollo Highlights & Updates
A team of surgeons at Apollo Speciality Hospitals, Nellore have successfully performed 23 Knee Replacement surgeries in ...
The Transplant team of Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Delhi helped Chitwan Medical College, Nepal to successfully perfor...