Completed 500 Liver transplants in a short time span with a success rate of over 90 percent
- 1st successful pediatric liver transplant in 1998
- 1st successful adult cadaveric transplant in 1998
- 1st successful liver transplant for acute liver failure in 1999
- 1st combined liver kidney transplant in 1999
- 1st successful liver transplant for HIV in 2008
- Youngest pediatric liver transplant in India in 2008
- 1st successful liver transplant for Hepatitis B without using immunoglobulin 2008
- 1st successful liver transplant for Crigler Najjar Syndrome in 2008
- 1st successful living liver transplant for portal biliopathy in 2009
- Asia’s 1st en-bloc combined heart & liver transplant, joining a very small set of transplant centres in the world to have done this.
- 1st simultaneous Liver-Intestine-Pancreas transplant in India
- Youngest ever Liver recipient in Western India in 2018.
- Apollo Hospitals Navi Mumbai is the first hospital in Western India to successfully perform 25 Paediatric Liver Transplants
UPDATED ON 11/01/2022
Apollo Highlights & Updates
Patients with Covid-19 History Contributing towards Burden of New Diabetes Cases- say Experts at Indraprastha Apollo Hos...
Spike in Breast Cancer Cases among Women between the ages of 35-50 years, Say Experts at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, ...