TESTS IN APHC
There is a base profile of tests which are absolutely essential to determine the status of your health. This will be a mandatory set of tests for everyone. You will meet a Doctor/ Physician Assistant who will get a thorough understanding of your medical & family history, lifestyle and other parameters and then customise the plan for you.
- Haematology Profile
- Diabetic Profile
- Cardiac Profile
- Renal Profile
- Liver Profile
- X Ray Chest
- Ultrasound abdomen
- Clinical examination, medical summary and advice by a consultant physician
- Surgical examination for men
- Gynaecology examination for women
- Diet and lifestyle counselling
- Adult vaccination [Vaccination is not only beneficial for children, adults can also benefit from the vaccines. For example, vaccines for adults are now available for diseases like cervical cancer, which is the most common cancer in India, Hepatitis B and common Flu.You are advised on vaccination by our specialists based on your age, gender, existing disease condition, family history like cervical cancer]
- DNA +Personal Genome Analysis test*
*(Optional and available at an additional cost. It can also be done along with other health check packages.)
What is the DNA+ Personal Genome Analysis test?
It is a genetic screening test that analyses DNA to detect your risk for developing disease conditions (presently we give predisposition to 62 diseases.) It is a once in a life time test.
Apollo Hospital is the only hospital that offers DNA testing along with Health Checks in India at present.
Why do you need Health Checks after getting a DNA Check?
DNA Check is a predictive test and not a diagnostic test. A DNA test will tell us about your risk of having the disease and not whether you have the disease or not. Whereas, only a Health Check which is diagnostic, can tell you whether you have the disease at the present time or not. Basis your genome analysis, the DNA+ test will add to the personalization of your healthcare by complementing your health check.