- A rare Bone Replacement Surgery performed by Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi, successfully cures an unusual cancer.
- In 1995, Apollo Hospitals performed its first Bone Marrow Transplantation, as well as the first multi organ transplant in the country. Apollo Specialty Hospital,Chennai has successfully completed 707 Bone Marrow Transplants till date.
- Apollo Hospitals was the first Indian hospital group to introduce Stereotactic Radiotherapy and Radiosurgery for cancer treatment.
- Was the first hospital group in South-East Asia to introduce the 16 Slice PET-CT Scan.
- Introduced the most advanced CyberKnife® Robotic Radio Surgery System in the Asia Pacific, region, the world’s first and only robotic radiosurgery system designed to treat tumors anywhere in the body with sub-millimeter accuracy. Apollo Specialty Hospital, Chennai has successfully completed 1320 Cyber Knife treatments till date.
- Novalis Tx™ Radiotherapy & Radiosurgery, one of the most precise, non-invasive and fastest treatments available for cancerous and non-cancerous conditions of the entire body was launched at Apollo Cancer Institute Hyderabad in 2009 and at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi, in 2010. Treatments are delivered from outside the body to destroy tumors without an incision. This protects the patient’s healthy tissue, so patients can avoid hospitalization, lengthy recovery periods and many of the complications often associated with conventional surgery.
- Apollo Gleneagles Cancer Hospital, Eastern India's first Super Speciality Cancer Hospital, was inaugurated on March 23, 2010. It is the first comprehensive cancer care hospital in Eastern India, equipped with the latest radiotherapy - Novalis Tx Unit, Chemo-therapy Unit, Onco-Surgical Unit, Bone Marrow Transplant Unit with specialized wards.
- Apollo Specialty Hospital, Chennai has completed over 25,000 Oncology surgeries, 35000 Linac treatments, performed 20000 PET CT scans and completed 230 Renaissance Robotic Spine surgeries till date.