Dr. Prashanth Urs is an eminent Neonatologist and Paediatrician associated with Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore. He serves as a Senior Consultant in Neonatology and Paediatrics and holds the position of Director of Newborn and Paediatrics services at Apollo Cradle, Koramangala, Bangalore.
Dr. Urs has practised pedagogy in MCI-recognized medical institutions and internationally in Australia. He has held various positions throughout his medical career. With extensive training and clinical experience in Neonatology and Paediatrics, Dr. Urs offers his exceptional clinical expertise at Meera Children’s Clinic, situated in Jayanagar and HSR Layout, Bangalore.
Dr. Prashanth Urs has been associated with some of the most prestigious medical institutions in India and Australia, gaining essential clinical experience in the field of Neonatology while also contributing as an educator in premier medical institutions both in India and abroad.
- He was associated with Mater Mothers Hospital in Brisbane, Australia, as a Fellow in Neonatology, where he underwent advanced training in Neonatology and Perinatology.
- During his time overseas, Dr. Urs actively participated as a liaison for referring doctors and played an integral role in the Short-term Follow-up Clinic and the Growth and Development Clinic.
- Prashanth Urs also served as a Professor for Year 4 Medical students at the University of Queensland during his Fellowship training in Australia.
- Back in India, Dr. Urs worked as a faculty member at M.S. Ramaiah Medical College for over a decade, concurrently serving as the In-charge of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the same institution.
- During this period, Dr. Urs was also appointed as an Examiner by the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Child Health.
- Furthermore, he has been actively involved in teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students in M.C.I.-recognized medical institutions across India.
Dr. Prashanth Urs underwent extensive training during his years of medical education at some of the premier medical institutions in India and Australia.
- He graduated with an M.B.B.S. degree from Bangalore University, Karnataka.
- Subsequently, Dr. Urs pursued a postgraduate Diploma in Child Health (D.C.H.) from Karnataka University.
- Moving forward, he obtained the Diplomate National Board (D.N.B.) in Paediatrics, awarded by the National Board of Examination under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.