Dr. Lakshmikanth P is a renowned Cardiologist with extensive experience of 10 years in this field. He is an active member of the Indian Council of Cardiology, the Cardiological Society of India, the Indian College of Physicians, the Association of Physicians, and the Karnataka Medical Council.
Dr. Lakshmikanth P is well-versed in a variety of cardiology services, including Trans-Esophageal Electrocardiography (TEG), Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR), Dobutamine Stress Test (DST), Cardiac Procedures, and Non-invasive Cardiology. He has completed more than 6000 cardiac procedures, including over 2500 angioplasties and more than 500 complicated angioplasty procedures. He also has a wide range of national and international publications to his credit.
Dr. Lakshmikanth P is currently associated with Apollo Hospital, Bannerghatta in Bengaluru.
- MBBS – M S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore – 2006
- D. (General Medicine) – N.H.L Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad, Gujarat – 2010
- M. (Cardiology) – Sri Jayadeva Hospital, Bangalore – 2014
- Consultant Cardiologist – Apollo Hospital Bannerghatta Road – 2015 – Present
- Assistant Professor of Cardiology – Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences & Research – 2014-2015
Honors & Awards
- Acute Coronary Syndrome in patients younger than 30 years – Clinical and Angiographic Profile (D.M)
- Immediate results of PDA device closure in a Tertiary Health Care Center (D.M)
- Study of Reperfusion Arrhythmias in Myocardial Infarction patients receiving Thrombolysis (M.D)
- Has performed a significant number of Complex Coronary Interventions including CTO, Bifurcation stenting & Left main Interventions.
- Well trained in performing device implantations like PPI, ICD & CRT.
- Has also performed device closure of Acyanotic CHD.
Area of Expertise
- Transthoracic and Transesophageal Echocardiography, including congenital heart diseases.
- Complex coronary angioplasty stenting for CTO.
- Image-guided optimisation of angioplasty with OCT and IVUS.
- Treatment of diseases of the Aorta, Aortic Aneurysm, and Aortic Dissection.
- TAVI – Percutaneous Trans Catheter Aortic Valve Implantation – Aortic Valve replacement without surgery.
- Angioplasty and Stenting
- Pacemaker Implantation
- ECG & ECHO
- 24Hrs Holter
- 24Hrs ABPM
- TAVI / TAVR
- Coronary angioplasties
- Peripheral angioplasties
- Peripheral angiograms
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Device Closures (ASD, VSD, PDA, RSOV, Coronary Fistula)
- Coronary Angiograms (by both femoral and radial routes)
- Biventricular pacing and diagnostic E.P. studies
- Permanent pacemaker implantation
- Rotablation for severely calcified arteries
- Left main angioplasty
- Bifurcation angioplasty
- Interventional Cardiology