Apollo Knowledge City was inaugurated in Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh – a new landmark of excellence in education and healthcare.
Apollo Knowledge City – a 70 acre integrated knowledge campus with modern teaching facilities is a Learning and innovation hub committed to clinical and academic excellence with facilities for education, training and research.
Apollo Knowledge City comprises of Medical College, Nursing College, Colleges of Physiotherapy, Dental, Pharmacy, Health Care Management Institute, Allied courses (MSW, Masters in Public Health, MSc Health Informatics, M. Sc Clinical Psychology), K-12 School, Skill Development Centre etc. and will house more than 7000 students in the campus.
- It is the First Public Private Partnership (PPP) model between the Government of Andhra Pradesh and Apollo Hospitals Educational and Research Foundation (AHERF). This partnership further gave an opportunity to upgrade the District Headquarters Government Hospital for providing world-class and affordable healthcare facilities to the people of Andhra Pradesh.
- District Government Hospital and The Medical College will provide holistic healthcare to the individuals of all age groups, in Chittoor district and the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- The District Government Hospital has been upgraded in the following manner:
- Added 117 Doctors and 108 Nurses & Technicians
- IPD Volume increased by 35% and OPD volume increased by 62%
- Added ICU Units: RICU, CICU, SICU, PICU
- Upgraded to State of the Art Operation Theatres
- Upgraded and renovated Central Laboratory & Blood Bank
- Set up of Dialysis Unit, Modern Autopsy Block, Radiology Department (CT Scan, 500 MA & 800 MA Static X ray, Ultra Sound with Colour Doppler etc)
- The construction of New In-Patient block with 350 beds capacity with modern Operation Theatres is under progress
- Apollo Hospitals has spent approx. Rs. 26.6 crores towards the upgradation of the District Hospital so far and plans to incur another 60 crores to make the District Hospital to MCI compliant P.G level Teaching Hospital.
- Post-establishment of Chittoor campus, plans are being made to set up an Institute specializing in AYUSH Specialties (Complementary Medicine) in Amaravati, Andhra Pradesh.
This unique PPP model will make huge difference not only in the state of Andhra Pradesh, but also will be a model for the rest of the nation.
Related ArticlesView All
Apollo Cancer Centre has launched fast forward Breast Cancer radiation therapy in the West Bengal region. The existin...
In a major feat of clinical excellence at Apollo Speciality Hospitals, Nellore, Senior Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Madan ...
The Transplant team of Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Delhi helped Chitwan Medical College (CMC), Bharatpur, Nepal...