SAHI - A Society to Aid the Hearing Impaired
Small deeds make a big difference. This was the inspiration behind establishing 'SAHI'- Society to Aid the Hearing Impaired.
SAHI seeks to identify hearing impaired children, mainly in rural areas, with little or no access to modern medical treatment. It is a scientifically proven fact that as children grow and develop they learn about sound with little effort. But it can be a daunting task for a child with hearing impairment to understand sounds and develop language & communication skills, which in turn affects the child's personal development and process of reasoning and education.
To address this and many more such problems associated with the hearing impaired, renowned medical professionals at Apollo Hospitals along with a group of concerned citizens volunteer their services for SAHI.
- Conducting camps in rural areas for the hearing impaired.
- Identifying children with hearing problems.
- Providing quality hearing aids.
- Conducting surgeries with the help of Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad.
- Bringing about awareness for prevention through health education.
- Organizing periodic awareness programs for the general public, school children and school teachers.
- Conducting periodical check-up programs for the benefit of children belonging to poor socio economic backgrounds.
- Providing hearing aids to improve hearing ability.
- Providing state-of-the-art medical and surgical aid including micro ear surgeries and cochlear implants to clear (partially or totally) the hearing disability.
- Tying-up with other Governmental and Non Governmental organizations to improve public awareness and to minimize the social abuse to the children suffering from hearing problems.
- Conducting other activities to bring about public awareness and to help these children medically, socially and financially.
- Raising funds to provide assistance to children for their treatment.